Friday, February 27, 2009

Twas The Night Before Cowtown

Twas the night before Cowtown and all through the house
Not a creature was ready - not even our mouse.
The stockings were laid out on the dresser with care
In hopes we could find them the next morning to wear.
I wished I were snuggled all warm in my bed,
where visions of medals could dance in my head.
Pepaw in his sweats, and I in my gown
were stilll laying out Nike attire all around!
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
We went running in to see what was the matter.
There was no moon, or new fallen snow
to give a luster to objects below,
But what to our wondering eyes did appear,
But Winston the BIG dog shedding more hair!
It lay on the lawn all fluffy and white,
we looked at each other and said, "That's not right!
Come quickly I said to a tired Pepaw,
We still have to load songs on both the Ipods!
So I loaded my purple and he loaded his black,
and we put them together on top of the stack.
I double checked Garmin to make sure it was charged
then let Winston in from out in the yard.
We were nearly ready with each item in place,
So we tell you now....."Hope it is a GREAT RACE!"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.