Sunday, April 15, 2012

Running Again!!!


I am so excited to say that I am now back in training!  I simply don't do well just "running"...I just seem to need to have a race that I am training for.  So......since I am officially starting all over, I just registered for a 5K to train for.  I have set it up to have plenty of time...It isn't until October 27th....I should be plenty ready by then!  (In fact don't be surprised if I don't sign up for a race or two before October if I find another I really like!)

This will be the inaugural run of this race and it will be run at Texas Motor Speedway - with a NASCAR type theme for the entire race.  The course is actually a little over two laps of the 1.5 mile mile oval.  There will be lots of Race Themed activities going on as well. The folks from the Cowtown Marathon Series are helping out so ... THIS should be FUN! 

Now - I have already started my Couch to 5K training program.  (C25K) and it has been going pretty well.  Week 1 Day 1- 5 minute warm-up walk, then I ran/walked for 15 minutes at a 1-1:30 ratio, 5 minute walk cool-down,  for a total of 1.76 miles.  This morning I did W1D2 ... messed up a little as I didn't know I had to change the days myself - so I did a 4 minute walk warm-up before I realized I was doing Day 1 over again!  Re-started 5 min walk warm-up, 20 min run/walk at the 1 - 1:30 ratio, cool-down walk for a couple of mins. for a total of  2.50 miles in 31:55.  I was pleased that I already saw some progress, AND that it wasn't too difficult - even ramping it up a little.  Hope that continues to be the case...we'll see.

I'll try to faithfully post about the training and how it is going...as well as if I decide to try some more races in between...if only for my own historical perspective!

Would love to have some of you join me - we CAN do this!!!

Run on!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.