Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tomorrow

One of the things about choosing "goal" as my word is that I really need to make public each goal I set. I have a couple that I'm going to begin working on tomorrow.

First, today while we were at Costco I found a book, showed it to Rick and we decided that we would go on a new adventure this year. The name of the book is The Love Dare. It is a year of devotions for couples. So my first BIG goal this year is to set aside time each day with my husband for devotion, prayer, and our Love Dare challenge of the week. I'm sure you'll be hearing about it as we make our way through this process. One of the things the authors say to do is to "journal" your journey. This allows you to look back and actually see your growth and progress. Some of my journal will, of course, be private...but there are other parts I'm sure I will want to share.

The second goal I'm working on is *gasp* cooking a little more.
I have subscribed to an online menu planner and I've been using it for a couple of weeks now = since I've been "off", and I really like it. The menus are simple and quick - don't use a lot of exotic ingredients - are the right size - and they taste great. Not only that, but they also provide a shopping list made up for you that is easy to modify if you don't want to cook a specific day's meal plan. I've already shopped for next week and have two main dishes, as well as several of the side dishes packed and ready to go for next week. Tomorrow's plan is to complete the other 2-3 main dishes and then I'm set for the week. I'm hoping to be able to continue this more often than not. By prepping most of the meals on the weekend it leaves me free for my workouts and work during the week....we'll see how this one goes.

So, there you have it. My two biggest goals so far. I will certainly try to keep you updated as we continue on the journey!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.