Friday, February 17, 2012

Strength Test accomplished

Rushed home from a LONG day at work, changed clothes, hopped in the car and off to the gym we went.  Lindsay was there to meet us and handed us our new keys. (She wrote our names on them so we could tell who's was who's since they are identical - wouldn't want Pepaw's workout on my USB key now would we, LOL).  She showed us how to insert them into the machine and the machine pretty much walked us through everything!  It shows you how to set the machine up for the exercise, how to perform the exercise with the correct form, and had a pace bar to make sure you stay on track.

Today was just the strength test so we only had a few different exercises to measure strength and range of motion on the machine.  I did fairly well.  92% accuracy with the pace bar, and I lifted over 4600 lbs. overall.

After we finished the strength test we went over to the treadmill and walked for an extra 15 minutes and we were done.  It felt really good, the only thing I think I'll change next time is remembering my iPod so I can listen to my own music :)  .... other than that it is full speed ahead.

Oh, yeah, by the way - a perfect eating day too!  I have a feeling I'll be feeling better and more in the mood for a run in no time!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.