Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sheesh!

How many times do I need to start over again? I was doing very well, then we went to Lousiana for a conference and everything went south. Came home, started again. Do pretty good during the week and crash and burn over the weekend. Always seems to be a good excuse not to work out, or to eat something I shouldn't. Today I hit the wall! Crammed with valentines chocolate and feeling disgusted with myself I proposed to Pepaw that we try to go back to our at home workouts. I ate on plan all day but was pretty wiped out at the end of the day. When we got home we talked about what we felt would work. We knew we needed to shake things up...or we would never get going again. We've been fighting it too long!

  There is a new club in town, we got a postcard in the mail so thought we'd go check it out. It is a cool concept. The machine is computerized and programmed for your goals. It is like having a personal trainer with you for every workout. plus, they have a leader board for different goals, you earn points for working out, and earn "ranks" (a new colored lanyard for your data key) as you continue to work out. You know how competitive I am - that is right up my alley. We talked it over and decided to go for it! We joined up (we'll be canceling our other membership) and we go for our initial visit and strength test tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.