Thursday, July 24, 2008

Deep Breath....

Sometimes you just have to step back and take a deep breath. Today I had to go to my last class for my GT credit. It ended up NOT being as bad as had been advertised, and that was a major good thing. We got some good ideas to make our classes more fun for the kids, and that is also a good thing. But just so ya know...four days of ANY workshop is WAY too long! I felt like I had been beat by a stick by the time we walked out of there today.

Once home I had to fold the laundry, straighten the kitchen, check the email...you know - the mundane, every day, can't let it go stuff. Then when DH got home from work it was time to change clothes and hit the gym. We do strength training 3 days a week (T, TH, Sat) and run on Friday and Sunday. I am trying to add a run after the strength training on Tuesday, like I did this week, since we are off on Monday and I have pretty fresh legs. I would also like to do a short run on Wednesday ~ perhaps make that a weekly outdoor run. I was going to run tonight, but after the weights I just couldn't...I was spent...finished....stick a fork in me... DONE!

Friday's are what we call our LCWO - Last Chance Work Out. This is because we know that on Saturday Morning we will be going in to the Weight Watchers meeting and facing the scale...Friday night is our last chance to sweat off any poundage we can with a MAJOR cardio workout. This is actually becoming one of my favorite workouts of the week (shhhhhh, don't tell DH he might up the mileage again, lol). We are also going to try making Sunday a long run outdoors. As you can probably tell we are still working on all this trying to get the kinks out...it is exciting to step back every once in a while, take a deep breath, and see how far we have come both literally and figuratively.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.