Saturday, October 11, 2014

Caddo Lake In the Fall

Mid-November we headed to Caddo Lake State Park to see if we could get any fall pictures there.  What a great time we had! This time it looked like we were a little LATE for the color - but there was still some there.  Actually we think the rain knocked a lot of the colorful leaves to the ground - but it was still lovely!


Stopped when we saw this on the road to the park.




 See - some color!


While I was waiting for Pepaw I walked a little of the trail above the boat rental area.


See how many of the leaves are on the path?

Went back down close to the lake and found these colorful leaves on a backdrop of Spanish Moss.

Looking down the road to the campground by the boat rental area.

We decided to go ahead and hike the path I had scouted out a little earlier, and I'm glad we did.  We found the CCC pavillion, we didn't even know it was there!

This is one of my favorite pictures of the entire trip!

Sights along the trail.


Back to the road again...

Loved this splash of color surrounded by the gray of the Spanish Moss.

 Golden light as the sun begins to dip toward the horizon...

Final random shots around the boat rental area...



We love the photo opportunities in this area, and I'm sure we'll be back!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.