Sunday, October 19, 2014

Texas State Fair Fun

On Friday Pepaw and I took a trip to the State Fair of Texas.  It had been a while since we had been and I was really looking forward to it.

Of course NO trip to the fair would be complete without a Big Tex sighting!  Of course MY perspective is quite different from most people's, HA!  I loved the boots in the cactus - and it kind of shows just how BIG Big Tex is!


As you walk through the grounds you can't help but notice the beautiful blossoms all around...I had to take a picture of my favorite purple flowers.


We walked through one of the buildings and I spotted this sign all aglow!


Then we decided to take a stroll down the midway. Some of the rides were a lot of fun to take some pictures of!





And there were plenty of Dallas Police Officers to make you feel quite safe.




It got quite crowded in the midway and we decided it was time for us to bid this trip to the fair adieu, so we headed toward the parking lot.  I stopped for one final shot of the setting sun behind the fair.



Until next time....

1 comment:

Pam said...

Some pretty cool pictures you came home with!

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.