Sunday, October 12, 2014

Horseshoe Bend Trail at Lake Catherine State Park

Despite the weather we decided we would try out the Horseshoe Bend Trail... So glad we did!

 Leaves blanketed the pathway.

The view as we hiked uphill


Now there's a color of foliage you don't see everyday!


View of the lake from the top of the trail

Headed back down toward the lake again.

Approaching the suspension bridge near the end of the trail.


After the hike we decided to walk around the park a little to see what we could see.  Check out the cabins!




And the pier...

 The power-plant across the lake at dusk.


Back to the campsite again!



It was a great time despite the weather and clouds...we had so much fun just being out there hiking and taking pictures!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.