Thursday, October 9, 2014

Colorado - Kebler Pass

Pepaw and I have been chasing the fall leaves for a few years now.  This year we were watching the leaves and thought the last week of September looked good in Colorado - ALL the predictions said so....WRONG!  We were about a week early for peak leaves, but we did the best we could.  And we learned a LOT!  We were going to start in Gunnison and then work our way over to Maroon Bells.  The following are the pictures from our first day or so around Gunnison.

This little tree looks like it wants to move on down the road doesn't it?

Light hitting the ferns.

The panorama shows we were a smidge early for the leaves!

Sunlight filters through.

Golds, greens and blues.

You can almost see the color climb the mountain. 

Turning, slowly turning.

One of my favorites.



Patches

Storm clouds headed our way.

We were a little disappointed, but were hoping we would find that patch of "gold" at some point in our trip.  We were using a Colorado Fall Colors Photo Guide that pinpointed some prime spots for color - so we were hopeful we would find some before time to go home!

1 comment:

Rick Boales said...

I'm really enjoying your blog now that I found it again. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

About Me

My photo
This is about my life. My life as a wife. My life as a mother. My life as a Memaw. My life as a teacher. My life as a runner. My life such as it is.